Anxious people : a novel / Fredrik Backman ; translated by Neil Smith.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Blossburg Memorial Library.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Potter-Tioga Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Blossburg Memorial Library||LP BAC (Text)||30063000266751||Large Print||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781432879716 (large print : hardcover)
- ISBN: 1432879715 (large print : hardcover)
- Physical Description: 549 pages (large print) ; 23 cm
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2020.
- Copyright: ©2020 (translation)
"Originally published in Sweden in 2019 as: Folk med ångest."--Title page verso.
Taken hostage by a failed bank robber while attending an open house, eight anxiety-prone strangers--including a redemption-seeking bank director, two couples who would fix their marriages, and a plucky octogenarian--discover their unexpected common traits.
Viewing an apartment normally doesn't turn into a life-or-death situation, but this particular open house becomes just that: a failed bank robber bursts in and takes everyone in the apartment hostage. As police surround the premises and television channels broadcast the hostage situation live, the eight strangers begin opening up to one another. Before long, the robber must decide which is the more terrifying prospect: going out to face the police, or staying in the apartment with this group of impossible people.
Translated from the Swedish.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Hostages > Fiction.
Married people > Fiction.
Real estate agents > Fiction.
Sweden > Fiction.
|Genre:||Large type books.
Patron Reviews:Series: Awards: Similar Books: Other Editions: